Wednesday 5 January 2011

Tuesday December 7th 2010 – Play Date Part 2.


Today, The Little Perfect One and I returned to ‘Crazzie Kiddles’ in Hazlet.
Olivia and Will were down this way for one more day, so we met them and most of my other ‘getting on for a year’ Baby Mummies.
The delightful Sarah and her edible son Thomas were there, of course. Did I mention they are moving? Yes, naturally, they are off to the South Coast in the New Year. Far too excellent, you see, far too excellent not to move.
It was fantastic to see everyone and incredible to see how much the Little Ones have grown. They are all little boys and girls now, there’s not one baby left amongst them.
I think back to the first time we all met as bumps and then how over the course of a few weeks more bumps became babies. Then suddenly we were all meeting up for cold coffee as first-time Mummies. What a year!
I wonder when we’ll get to do this again?
Becoming a parent is huge and that’s the biggest part of it, but for me, I got to become myself again this year. The swimming, the cake, the lunches and even the girly nights out have all been a blast, but they were also incidental.
It’s not even that I don’t want to work, as I do. The problem is that now, I think, I finally know what it is that I do actually want to do and I’m afraid that I just won’t have the time to get there.
In January 2009, I could barely leave the house by myself and just too haunted to really live. Yes, I’m terrified of not being with The Little Perfect One, but I’m also terrified of losing myself again.


No comments:

Post a Comment