Thursday 6 January 2011

Monday December 20th 2010 – Broken.

I’m going to need a lot more energy than I seem to have at the moment. I honestly thought I was getting fitter, but a day of desk working and I’m destroyed. It can’t be healthy, sitting on your bottom for 10 hours or so and then falling asleep on the sofa. I think all office jobs should offer a day-release programme for employees. How romantic would it be to spend every Wednesday on a farm or in a vineyard? Fresh air and loveliness!
Seriously, just a few hours back in the swivel chair and I feel like a caged toad; all sallow, warty and flaccid. My bra doesn’t even fit properly anymore, as my back has turned to blancmange.
But why is it that right now I don’t have a burning desire to go for a run?  I want to curl up and watch a fluffy film, with a warm blanket, a truck load of chocolate and a crate of Shiraz.
It might be because the Telly is still broken, there’s no chocolate and only half a bottle of wine.

Roll on Wednesday and the new TV!

Party on people!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I empathise!! and day release sounds like a brilliant idea - definitely good for employee health.

    I might have missed it somewhere, but what sort of work is it? (other than desk job). Talking to the public? or closeted with a computer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Juniper,

    There's a large chunk of it that is just closeted with a computer and the rest is basically dealing with suppliers.

    Marcella

    ReplyDelete