Wednesday 9 March 2011

Thursday January 20th 2011 – Ill.

Yuck! I have woken up this morning feeling yuck.
Sore throat, throbbing head, slightly shaky and very stuffy. Yes, I have a cold.
There is only one thing that makes me more cross than being ill and that’s people who don’t ever have colds, because they always have the flu. I’m sorry, but it makes me furious.
Bridget has the flu at least five times a year, it’s really quite extraordinary!
The thing is that you can get annoying snivelly colds, streaming colds, steaming colds, colds that send you back to bed and colds that you hardly even notice. However, good, bad or ugly they are still colds and not flu.
You will know it if you get a kiss from Mr Flu, he will properly sweep you off your feet.
I had the flu once. I got into bed on Thursday afternoon and I don’t remember anything after that until the following Tuesday lunchtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment